What People are Saying
“Universal genetic testing can drastically reduce the incidence of genetic diseases, and may very well eliminate many of them.”
Professor Steven Pinker, PhD Harvard University
“So we really have the ability to eradicate a lot of familiar diseases that in the past we had no ability to do anything but treat after birth.”
Dr. Kaylen Silverberg, MD Director, Texas Fertility Center
“My girlfriends who are getting married right now and who are planning a pregnancy? I tell them, ‘Before you get pregnant, do this test.’”
Dr. Aimee Eyvazzadeh, MD Laurel Fertility Care
“Every adult of reproductive age should consider the Counsyl test before pregnancy.”
Professor Pasquale Patrizio, MD Director, Yale Fertility Center
Counsyl Is Pioneering A New Bioinformatics Wave
In a non-descript lab is a company that may be paving the way for the Valley’s next wave of disruptive startups, which marry software with data from the human genome.
2010 WSJ Innovation Award Winner in Medicine
Counsyl also received the overall "Bronze Innovation Award for its simple, low-cost genetic test that can alert prospective parents who might be carrying genes that could cause hereditary diseases in their children."
"I tell all my friends about it"
said Dr. Aimee Eyvazzadeh of John Muir Health Systems near San Francisco. "You know, my girlfriends who are getting married right now and who are planning a pregnancy? I tell them, 'Before you get pregnant, do this test.'"
"As a genetic counselor,
I've been waiting for this for a really long time"
said Elena Ashkinadze, who does prenatal genetic counseling at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, N.J.
- The campaign to end preventable genetic disease A simple prepregnancy test for men and women
- New genetic test aims to prevent some diseases ABC News Texas KVUE video coverage
- New Genetic Test Helps Parents Have Healthy Babies ABC World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer
- Innovation Awards Winner: A Genetic Test for Prospective Parents —Wall Street Journal
- Counsyl Brings Genetic Screening to the Masses —The New York Times
- New Genetic Test Helps Parents Have Healthy Babies —ABC World News
- Counsyl Test to Prevent Diseases Like Those in 'Extraordinary Measures' Now at 100+ Medical Centers
- New genetic test aims to prevent some diseases
- A Cure for Health Costs? —Newsweek
- My Genome, My Self —New York Times Magazine
- Steven Pinker, The New York Times, and Counsyl —The Genetic Genealogist
- The Diversification of Consumer Genetics —Genetic Future
Journalists, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in learning more.