Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence is a critical component of the Market Intelligence function at Counsyl and would report directly to the Senior Director of Market Intelligence. The AD: Competitive Intelligence would support a variety of departments including Health Plans, Marketing, Medical, and their activities by providing objective, in-depth intelligence and insights about our products and competitors. The AD: Competitive Intelligence would be a key contributor to the development of competitive strategies and messaging. Competitive Intelligence would also be a key partner in the development of Counsyl’s long-term strategic plan.
What You'll Do
- Provide an objective commercial viewpoint of Counsyl’s products and those of key competitors based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of commercial, clinical, and scientific competitive information.
- Make recommendations on product strategy that prepare Counsyl for a competitive marketplace.
- Collaborate with Marketing to address competitor launches or key competitor activitiesDevelop and maintain critical product / company facts and activities about key competitors; ensure agreement with cross-functional partners
- Provide situational analysis support for Board meetings, sales meetings, etc.
- Facilitate field intelligence gathering and dissemination, including managed care teams
- Liaise with other Market Intelligence teammates to deliver holistic analytic insights to the Marketing team and ensure that key projects and deliverables incorporate the latest competitive information
Who You Are
- Undergraduate or graduate work in life sciences required; advanced degree in business or science preferred.
- Three to five years experience in the healthcare industry. Exposure to diagnostics and genetics is a plus
- Competitive intelligence experience is strongly preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated competency conducting research, distilling down vast amounts of data into concise summaries focused on the key implications for customers and strategy
- Experience managing outside vendors and a budget is a plus
- Persuasive written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated advanced analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience acting as strategic thought partner to internal partners
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment and standing out as a successful collaborator
- Strong prioritization skills as there will never be enough time to do everything
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.