The Automation team at Counsyl is where the clinical lab, software engineering, assay development, and advanced robotics all come together to make something truly unique. They are tasked with designing, building and maintaining the most advanced clinical diagnostics laboratory platform in the world. As an Automation Service Engineer, you will be be responsible for keeping the platform in peak condition as it continues to expand in capabilities and capacity to meet the demands of the genomics revolution.
What you'll do:
- Accountable for the troubleshooting and root cause investigation to service and repair integrated robotic work cells in our NGS genomics CLIA laboratory.
- Provide the highest quality of service and support to our regulated clinical laboratory.
- Participate with multi-disciplinary teams within the automation group to develop our next generation instrumentation, new platform migrations, and next generation scripts to expand our ever growing CLIA lab.
- Completion of a six-week formal classroom training program to enable you to support highly sophisticated equipment.
- Develop, optimize and troubleshoot liquid handling processes on multiple instrument platforms (Tecan/Bravo/Beckman).
- Interface with CLIA lab personnel providing the highest level of professional service and support.
- Responsible for maintenance and calibration tasks to keep robotics and instrumentation running at peak performance.
- Create, maintain, and review various SOP documentation for training and support.
- Cover on-call responsibilities, that may include weekends and night shifts as needed.
- Continuously optimize processes to increase quality and efficiency.
- Maintain the most advanced laboratory technology in molecular diagnostics in the bay area.
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.