South San Francisco, CA
CLIA Laboratory ManagerApply now
What You'll Do
- Gain and maintain mastery of lab and sample workflows.
- Maintain impeccable lines of communication between service engineering and manufacturing groups to maintain maximum equipment uptime as well as reagent availability and quality.
- Work with service automation, production assay science, and technical supervisor groups to maintain impeccable first pass yield across all production level assays.
- Work with the Data Analytics Team to generate and refine informative dashboards and metrics that accurately reflect the flow of sample volume through the lab, from sample receipt to report release.
- Participate in daily GEMBA walks on the production line.
- Assist with the transition of new assays into a production setting.
- Work to aggregate lists of required process improvements for the lab, and assist with development and implementation.
- Work with lab supervisors to design and constantly improve training methods.
- Work with the lab supervisors to maintain a well organized floor plan for the lab.
- Work with procurement to conduct regular audits of reagent and consumable inventory.
- Work with lab supervisors to design and constantly improve lab schedules.
- Ownership of the CLIA lab budget with the goal of achieving alignment with company volume forecasts and goals.
- Assist Quality Assurance team with lab inspection requirements.
- B.S. Degree in molecular biology or similar discipline.
- Qualify as a General Supervisor under CLIA rules
- CLS or CGMBS license (REQUIRED)
- Bachelor's degree, plus 6+ years experience as a CLS OR Master's degree, plus 4+ years of experience as a CLS (REQUIRED BY CA LAW)
- 3+ years of managerial experience in a CLIA accredited environment.
- Work experience in an NGS lab, Preferred. Will consider experience with Special Chemistry or Virology, as well.
- Managerial experience in an NGS lab, preferred
- Experience with monitoring lab related metrics/data, drawing meaningful inferences from data, and acting upon said inferences to improve quality and efficiency.
- Experience with: MS word, MS excel, Google drive suite of office products.
- Experience with Biotech start-ups/fast growth companies or similar working environment will be very helpful.
- Experience with automated liquid handling instruments is a plus.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.