Counsyl’s Women's Health division is focused on providing best-in-class DNA testing and genetic counseling services, coupled with software solutions that streamline the process and improve the experience for both clinicians and patients alike.
As a Clinical Account Executive, you’ll be in the field representing Counsyl and working with women's health physicians to integrate our technologically advanced products into their day-to-day workflow. You’ll be the mini-CEO of your territory, responsible for your territory’s P&L and expanding your base book of business.
You’re polished, analytical, and know how to energize potential clients. You've worked in a competitive market and have the ability to differentiate based on value and first-in-class products. You want to be a part of a mission-driven company that is focused on providing affordable products to patients.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute a territory business plan by identifying, evaluating, and reaching out to potential clients
- Achieve territory revenue and sales objectives though direct sales to women's healthcare professionals
- Maximize sales pull-through opportunities and consistently grow your territory and book of business
- Partner with internal teams (Health Plans, Client Services, etc.) to maintain superior customer support
- Maintain a high level of product and market knowledge
- Function as a educator, providing key clinical knowledge and training related to Counsyl’s products and services
- Participate in cross-functional teams that support all customer-facing roles within the assigned geographic region
- Partner with Strategic Account Executives to identify opportunities with IDN's and reference labs within your territory
- Fully comply with Counsyl’s CRM solution (SFDC) for the defined geographic region
- Identify and develop key opinion leaders as advocates for Counsyl’s products and services
- 4+ years experience in a sales position within healthcare services, preferably diagnostics
- A rolodex of women's healthcare contacts within the given territory is ideal but not required
- Proven track record of exceeding quota and high performance in sales within a competitive market; hunter mentality with strong follow through
- Ability to develop strong clinical product knowledge
- Excellent speaker: you can articulate a pitch clearly and concisely
- Outstanding writer: you can capture your audience with a few well-written sentences
- Determined closer: “I’ll think it over” doesn’t cut it for you
- Analytical: you obsess over metrics, pipelines, and close rates
- Technically savvy: you’re familiar with Google Apps, including Docs, Spreadsheets, and Presentations, as well as Salesforce.com (or similar CRM tool)
- Ability to travel 60-80% within defined territory
- Stamford, Connecticut
- San Antonio, TX
- Louisville, KY
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead. The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors. Counsyl has screened more than 600,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.