South San Francisco, CA
Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Data ReviewApply now
What You'll Do
- The main responsibility of this role involves performing patient call review and following-up on data trends. You will be a true call review expert!
- Process and analyze clinical blood and saliva specimens via molecular testing methods following standard operating procedures
- Use Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) to track requisition and specimen status to ensure prompt turnaround time of sample results
- Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and immediately communicating these to the appropriate management representatives to ensure prompt resolution
- Create and/or update laboratory standard operating procedures, as needed
- May participate in Quality Assurance activities such as internal audits and inspection preparation
- Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of the methods used in the laboratory
- Assist in method verification studies and validation studies of laboratory developed tests, as needed
- Work alongside and support other licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientists in a CAP-accredited/CLIA certified laboratory environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent) in Medical Technology, Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, or related field
- Current California CLS license or CGMBS license (Clinical Genetics Molecular Biology Scientist), REQUIRED
- At least 2 years of experience working in a high-complexity, molecular clinical laboratory, with a CA CLS or CGMBS license, REQUIRED
- Prior experience with PCR-based and/or next-generation sequencing (NGS) methods and data analysis, preferred
- Ability to make sound decisions and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Strong understanding of good laboratory practices and regulatory compliance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Word processing and data management skills
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.