Clinical Variant ScientistApply now
What you'll do
- Review medical literature and public databases
- Interpret variant specific information and provide detailed summaries
- Work closely with our laboratory directors to classify variant pathogenicity
- Serve as gene experts by maintaining up-to-date gene resources
- Manage curation centric projects
- Work flexible hours, from a home-based remote office or at corporate HQ
- Hold a MS in Genetic Counseling, plus work experience OR hold a MS in a life science with direct Curation work experience, OR hold a PhD in Genetics or similar discipline
- Detail-oriented and able to critically analyze and interpret medical genetics literature
- Preferably have experience with GWAS, population genetics, NextGen sequencing and statistics
- Preferably have a fundamental understanding of carcinogenesis and cellular pathways commonly involved in cancer, including the ability to analyze somatic mutations
- Familiarity with the genomic testing market and reporting
- Passionate about clinical genomics
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.