South San Francisco, CA
Computational Biologist, Data Science ResearchApply now
What you'll do:
- Contribute to awesome products, but also maintain great freedom to pursue your own ideas in a dynamic R&D environment.
- Perform “big data” analyses on a tremendous and ever-growing trove of genomic data.
- Develop software packages/tools/databases that enhance current products and/or seed new products.
- Publish results in peer-reviewed journals, present at conferences, and generate intellectual property.
- Serve as the expert scientist who can turn a hunch or intuition—your own or a colleague’s—into a rigorous quantitative analysis that can be easily communicated to a range of parties internally and externally.
- Thrive on handling diverse projects with a range of time-scales.
- Work closely with groups in R&D but also grow professionally by interfacing with groups across the organization, e.g., engineering, marketing, sales, medical affairs, legal, and genetic counseling.
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in Computational Biology, Biophysics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related discipline.
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications in well-respected journals; we’re especially interested in those where you played a driving role.
- Strong software skills, preferably with fluency in Python and familiarity with databases.
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing.
- Well versed in statistics and making quantitative arguments from first principles.
- Conversant in molecular biology and genetics.
- A sense of humility and an eagerness to contribute to a supportive team.
- Please feel encouraged to apply even if not all are met!
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.