South San Francisco, CA
Director, Billing OperationsApply now
What You'll Do
- Responsible for strategic planning and operations of Counsyl’s growing billing operations function
- Directly manage high priority, high visibility projects that streamline operations and optimize revenue. Develop and execute revenue cycle management designed to maximize and expedite reimbursement.
- Responsible for monitoring and helping drive improvements in key performance indicators. Oversee the identification, analysis and resolution of compliance, reimbursement, and internal audit issues in a timely manner
- Ensure customer needs are identified, monitored, and practices modified to maximize customer satisfaction within established standards
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Finance, Engineering, Health Plans, and Marketing
- Coordinate implementation of upgrades and improvements in our billing and financial systems. Oversee the support and maintenance of all financial systems related to billing
- Motivate, facilitate, mentor and coach subordinates to deliver high quality, cost effective services. Responsible for the recruitment, retention, and development of billing operations staff
- 10+ years of progressively responsible managerial experience in laboratory and insurance billing.
- Experience in insurance billing, preferably for genetic testing and/or molecular diagnostics
- Strong understanding of managed care practices, insurance reimbursement and is current on healthcare issues affecting reimbursement
- Ability to think critically, work efficiently and responsibly in a collaborative environment with multiple work demands and short time frames
- Demonstrated operational leadership and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor degree required. Masters in relevant field a plus
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.