South San Francisco, CA
Finance Manager, Financial Planning & AnalysisApply now
What You'll Do
- Be a key business partner to sales, marketing, operations, and product development
- Assess the financial impact of strategic decisions across the company. Proactively surface areas for focus and produce data driven support
- Gather and synthesize operating and financial results, including analysis of quarterly trends, KPIs, and budget vs. actual variance
- Manage the FP&A budget and forecast processes
- Define how to report on key financial and operating metrics
- Lead system initiatives to continuously automate forecasting and reporting efforts
- Assist with ad hoc strategic and operational projects as required
- BA/BS degree, plus at least 10 years of prior experience within FP&A at a fast-moving company
- Superior financial analysis skills, database, or business intelligence knowledge (e.g. Salesforce reporting, Adaptive Insights)
- Highly analytical with the ability to synthesize business situations down to their quantitative essence
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally to push things across the finish line
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior organizational and analytical skills are a must
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-tasking environment
- Can deal with change. You excel in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- MBA and experience in the biotech industry is ideal, but not required
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.