Genetic Counselor (On Demand and Scheduled Consults)Apply now
What You'll Do
- Help patients make sense of the results of high throughput genomics
- Perform phone-based genetic counseling sessions for our on-demand and scheduled consult service from a home-based office
- On-Demand hours: Defined schedule (~13 hours per week) - currently hiring for someone to cover the following shifts:
- Tuesdays, 6:30am-11:00am PST
- Wednesdays, 7:30am-10:30am PST
- Fridays, 10:30am - 3:30pm PST
- Additional flexible hours (~7-12 hours per week) will also be available in the scheduled consult service
- Document consults in professionally written consult summaries
- Apply for and maintain licensure in all required States
- You are an ABGC-certified genetic counselor with greater than 5 years clinical experience in cancer and reproductive genetics
- Computer savvy: Though not a programmer, you have above average IT skills
- You are that rare kind of person who has a way with both people and probabilities
- You can self-motivate and work well independently
- You are passionate about Counsyl’s mission
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.