As an Intake Associate you will be a member of a team responsible for the timely and accurate data entry and management of our paper requisitions. You will be a significant contributor to our high-throughput workflow and an integral part of our busy CLIA lab.
Training will take 3 months, and various shifts are available.
What you'll do
- Work Monday-Friday
- Manage, cross-check, record, and update and input data from a variety of sources
- Identify improvements to streamline processes and workflow
- Work with a tight-knit team in a fun start-up environment
- Be prepared to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Associate’s degree, or currently enrolled in college, plus 0-2 years of experience. Bachelor's degree preferred. HS diploma will be considered with work experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Excellent typing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make timely decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in a clear, concise manner
- Expert knowledge of Google Apps and Mac OS X, and consider it funny that someone would even ask (doesn't everyone know Google Docs?)
- A team player with a wicked sense of humor
- Must be able to type 70+ wpm and 7,000+ KPH (there will be a test!)
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead. The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors. Counsyl has screened more than 700,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.