South San Francisco, CA
Interface EngineerApply now
What You'll Do
- Provide technical support for establishing new partner interfaces
- Support and expand the functionality and health of our integration toolset, including middleware and related services
- Support new company initiatives that have EMR components
- Ensure maintainability of EMR code and processes, including integration testing, documentation, and general health of technical platform
- Offer backline support for issues that interface specialists cannot resolve
- Represent Interface Engineering in technical pipeline discussions
- A Bachelors degree (B.A. or B.S.) in engineering, scientific, or other quantitative discipline.
- 2 or more years of experience in healthcare, providing technical solutions in EMR and/or LIS system
- Familiarity with core programming concepts and tools, including source control, dev environment management, merges and deploys.
- Knowledge of healthcare interoperability standards, including HL7 messaging.
- Hands on experience working with HL7 v2 message types and interface development.
- Detailed understanding of HL7 segments, fields, and data types.
- Experience working with interface engines and healthcare workflows.
- General knowledge of EMR networking concepts, including VPN tunnels, LLP, SFTP, and security.
- Awareness of key regulations as they relate to EMR.
- Able to work well in a cross functional capacity to get things done.
- Highly analytical, with the ability to synthesize complex data into a concrete recommendation and plan of action.
- Engaging personality and service mentality while interacting with clients and vendors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to see projects through to successful completion.
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, or a similar CRM, and other business programs. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Jira, Github or similar issue tracking and version control systems. (Preferred)
- Ability to model and live the corporate values. (Required)
Tools we use (experience with these or similar systems is a plus):
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the commercial team, clinical team, clients, technical resources, and EHR vendors to drive and coordinate the EHR integration processes from start to finish
- Interface Engine/Middleware: Mirth
- Messaging Standards: HL7 v2, CCD, CDA, ADT/SIU feeds
- CRM, Issue Tracking, Documentation: Salesforce, Service Cloud, Jira, Confluence
- Posix command-line familiarity: Basic navigation and file management, ssh
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.