Counsyl is looking for an experienced IT Program Manager to direct and coordinate the planning, execution, and support of multiple IT and TechOps projects. The projects cover technical infrastructure, compute, storage, SaaS, on-premise applications, and desktop systems. You will be responsible for working with IT, TechOps, and other groups within Counsyl to plan and execute projects. You will be working with the VP of IT to ensure project alignment and direct activities. The role will require strategic thinking for business alignment, project approach, resource management, etc. It will also require a hands-on attitude and approach for documenting plans, building estimates and schedules, measuring progress, and reporting project status using metrics.
What you'll do:
- Manage the activities of concurrent TechOps, IT, and Security projects with many participants, stakeholders, and vendors. Work as a partner with the technical groups executing the project, resolving issues, coordinating communication, and managing risks/problems. Creates a structure/environment in which people can work together as an efficient team.
- Participate/lead the capturing of requirements and development of designs on projects that require business analysis expertise. Provide business analysis expertise on other projects as needed.
- Monitor and measure the efficiency and quality of project delivery of benefits, schedule and resource use. Report on project status to the VP of IT and business stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a best practice project management process for the department improving planning, scheduling, deliverable formats, budgeting, and controlling of risks. Improve existing tools used to manage projects. Identify and advocate for tools to improve efficiency, quality, and success of projects. Create a Project Management Office capability including a project portfolio.
- Develop and maintain a best practices process for managing project QA testing and release of changes into a production environment.
- Create monthly reporting on TechOps, IT and Security service levels for business production operations. Define and develop appropriate metrics for use, quality, operations and success reporting.
- Work with TechOps, IT, and Security leadership to plan projects including investigating solutions, evaluating vendors, developing estimates, determining skills and resources, and developing schedules. Help ensure alignment of projects with business stakeholder goals.
- Work with VP of IT to develop strategy and roadmap for technology, policy, processes, and resourcing. Participate in the development and management of the department budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support needs of the IT department
- BS or BA degree in engineering/science or a related field
- 10+ years of project management experience in technical infrastructure, system administration, system implementation and/or reporting systems. An understanding of technical infrastructure including high performance computing, networking, and storage systems is required.
- 5+ years of experience with team management/leadership, IT budgeting, and vendor management
- Experience with IT frameworks including ITIL and CoBit
- Experience in a diagnostic biotech, pharmaceutical or other healthcare environment where compliance with HIPAA, EU Privacy Shield, FDA, SOX, PCI or other standards is required.
- Experience with Agile project development and management
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence for managing and organizing projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated leadership experience
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl has screened more than 700,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.