South San Francisco, CA
Lab Operations Data ScientistApply now
What You'll Do
- Build structured reports that can be automatically re-run to monitor critical laboratory parameters for process control and regulatory compliance.
- Statistical modeling and process debugging to develop new assays and new technology in the lab.
- Assist in data analysis, modeling, and reporting for scientific publications.
- Cross-functional analysis: work with the business and sales development teams to optimize revenue using our large corpus of historical sales and insurance data.
- Coordinate between the laboratory and operations teams to optimize the cost-effectiveness of the business.
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Engineering or a similarly quantitative field; or significant prior experience in related work.
- You have experience analyzing data from molecular biology or biochemistry experiments. Experience working with Next Generation Sequencing data is a plus. Interpreting exploratory analysis of data from the clinical laboratory is a core function.
- You have a strong background in statistics and probability.
- Experience writing reproducible analysis pipelines in a statistical programming environment like Python (preferable) or R is a must. Experience with modern web development is a plus. Experience with only Excel (or other spreadsheet tools) is insufficient.
- Process control background is a plus.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.