South San Francisco, CA
Laboratory and Support Genetic CounselorApply now
What you'll do
- Partner with Counsyl’s Client Services team to help and assist healthcare providers with questions or needs around their patients’ Counsyl testing.
- Review and approve patient results reports alongside the Laboratory Directors, including clinical follow up regarding patient indications and family history.
- Act as liaison between Counsyl’s laboratory and field commercial teams.
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs, Clinical Genomics, and Laboratory teams to provide excellence in provider and patient care.
- ABGC-certified genetic counselor with at least 5 years of clinical experience
- Experience working with a laboratory and/or curation team is preferred, but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- You can self-motivate and work well independently
- You are that rare kind of person who has a way with both people and probabilities
- Computer savvy: Though not a programmer, you are a power user who quickly picks up the latest gadgets and apps
- Excellent at working collaboratively within a team and taking initiative when it comes to team improvements
- You are passionate about Counsyl’s mission
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.