South San Francisco, CA
Manager, Software Engineering - Automation & RoboticsApply now
What You'll Do
- Provide technical leadership and drive best practices for code development, review, testing, and deployment that will ensure quality shipments to production.
- Work with cross functional leaders to manage new product development along with current production issues.
- Articulate high-level technical strategies and product vision, encourage and facilitate technical discussions, and promote cross-functional projects.
- Grow the team by working with recruiters to source, hire, and onboard talented and passionate engineers
- Lead performance reviews and career development for new and existing engineers
- Develop our Python stack that directly runs the robotic devices in our state of the art automated genomics lab.
- Help resolve production lab issues and engineer long-term solutions through root cause analysis and data analytics.
- 5 years of industry experience engineering solutions within a microservice architecture utilizing a high level language such as Python and a web framework such as Django.
- A minimum of 2 years experience managing, mentoring, and hiring software engineers.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with a modern JS framework such as React or AngularJS
- Relational database systems experience, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Unix and other command line tools
- Demonstrated experience with development processes and tools
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management, automated testing and deployment, plus virtualization technologies would be a major asset
- Prior experience working in a regulated environment with design control would be an asset
- Biotech, pharmaceutical, lab automation, LIMS, or clinical-laboratory experience would be an asset.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Bonus for previous experience integrating JIRA into an automated anomaly/error tracking system.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.