South San Francisco, CA
Manufacturing AssociateApply now
What you'll do
- Carry out manufacturing processes in an automated clinical genomics laboratory setting
- Assist in the receiving, handling, and monitoring of quantities of raw materials and finished products
- Document manufacturing activities and quality control results
- Revise and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) as needed
- Identify and help implement process changes to improve the quality and throughput of reagent manufactures, including the introduction of process automation and quality assurance tests.
- BS in Molecular Biology or related field
- 1+ years of molecular laboratory experience
- Experience with NGS protocols, QC testing and/or reagent manufacturing experience is a plus
- Familiarity with molecular biology techniques (qPCR, DNA extraction, DNA sequencing) and proficiency with molecular biology calculations (dilutions, DNA and protein concentration measurements, enzyme activity measurements)
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to develop and follow written procedures
- Adaptability to changes in a fast-paced lab environment
- Some schedule flexibility - occasional overtime hours may be required
- Basic computer skills: Google Docs, Mac
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.