Our goal is to make the human genome practically useful for life-altering decisions.
We've invented the Counsyl Test, a breakthrough diagnostic intended for parents planning to start a family. The test won the Wall Street Journal Innovation Award for Medicine, was named one of Scientific American's "Top 10 World Changing Ideas," and was featured in the New York Times. Our test is now prescribed by physicians for more than 2.5% of all births in the United States.
What you'll do
- Carry out manufacturing processes such as the creation of reagents, primers, and enzymes in an automated clinical genomics laboratory
- Assist in the receiving, handling, and monitoring of quantities of raw materials and finished products
- Document manufacturing activities and quality control results
- Identify and help implement process changes to improve the quality and throughput of reagent manufactures, including the introduction of process automation and quality assurance tests
- BS in Molecular Biology or related discipline
- 3 or more years of industry experience in a cGMP industrial molecular biology group, performing reagent manufacturing and quality control testing, required (For Scientist II)
- Experience with NGS protocols, a plus
- Familiarity with range of molecular biology techniques (qPCR, DNA extraction, DNA sequencing) and proficiency with molecular biology calculations (dilutions, DNA and protein concentration measurements, enzyme activity measurements); there will be a test!
- Attention to detail and the ability to develop and follow written procedures
- Adaptability to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Some schedule flexibility- occasional overtime hours may be required
- Basic computer skills: Google Docs, Mac
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead. The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors. Counsyl has screened more than 700,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.