You will be part of the Billing Operations team that is responsible for maximizing revenue for Counsyl. This team is integral to Counsyl’s success, as almost every dollar that flows into the Company does so through this team. Billing Ops operates on a custom-built, Valley-inspired platform that emphasizes automation and efficiency. This team interacts with health insurers to secure coverage and reimbursement for our patients. As an operational team, we are also on the constant lookout to improve processes and workflows, while maintaining steady revenue streams. This at times entails cross-functional projects: working with software engineers to enhance our billing platform, working with the commercial team to implement new workflows, or working with finance and health plan teams to identify gaps and opportunities. The result of our work is an innovative, flexible, highly scalable billing operations in a fun, collaborative team environment.
What you'll do
- Work with a tight-knit team in a fun environment
- Initiate inquiries, either by phone or in writing, to health insurers and/or patients to resolve reimbursement and coverage issues
- Use your investigative skills in collaboration with a team to identify trends and influence decisions
- Manage, record, verify and update patient and insurance data from various sources
- Partner with other functions to analyze, recommend and implement process and software changes to keep pace with the quickly changing healthcare system
- Be prepared to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Outstanding phone communication skills and ability to complete a high volume of calls
- Effective communicator with the ability to present information in a clear, concise manner
- Enjoys solving problems and identifying patterns
- Has a desire to learn and expand knowledge of the medical reimbursement field
- Outgoing individual who loves working in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ year of health care billing experience or 2+ years of work experience post college
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead. The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors. Counsyl has screened more than 700,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.