South San Francisco, CA
Research and Development InternApply now
What You'll Do
- Start in the areas you're familiar with, and grow to work on the full stack
- Work closely with a small, tight-knit team
- Develop algorithms and code for all aspects of clinical genomics, from machine learning to supply chain optimization to insurance billing
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field (Graduating class 2018-2019)
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: design, testing, version control
- Prior internship or work experience in engineering or software development capacity
- Significant independent programming experience as demonstrated by a GitHub account or personal web page/app
Experience We Would Like To See
- Evidence that you stand out from the pack (e.g. leadership experience, unique projects, or commitment to clubs/teams)
- Internship experience
- Python, Django, CoffeeScript, Backbone.js, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS
- NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, Relational database systems, such as PostgreSQL
- Unix, Git, and other command line tools
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.