South San Francisco, CA
Research AssociateApply now
What you'll do
- Method Research: invent assay methodologies that will enable expansion into new target markets
- Assay Development: develop new assay chemistries with the goal of minimizing cost and turnaround time while maintaining accuracy
- Sequencing Protocol Design: design panels for the latest sequence capture methods and optimize protocols for targeted clinical sequencing assays
- You have a BA/BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry (or similar field), and/or 2 or more years of full-time experience working in a laboratory utilizing molecular biology techniques.
- Previous experience working with minimal supervision is a plus.
- Able to accurately document your work and effectively communicate progress in written and verbal form.
- You are quantitative-minded and know your way around a computer. Actual programming experience and/or training in statistics is desirable.
- You are familiar with next-gen sequencing protocols and operation of Illumina or Ion Torrent instruments.
- Most importantly, you do not rest until you’ve optimized your experiments, and want to see them used in the clinical care of millions of patients.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.