South San Francisco, CA
Senior Automation Engineer, MechanicalApply now
What you'll do:
- Design and document new integrated robotic work cells with custom automation equipment including selection and specification of mechanical, pneumatic, fluidic, and electrical components.
- Evaluate and recommend engineering changes to existing devices and equipment in order to improve reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, and decrease cost.
- Create and manage detailed BOM and test documentation for parts and assemblies.
- Document and implement change requests with ECO/DCO change control processes.
- Manage outside suppliers and contract manufacturers and lead initiatives to move sourcing of internal parts and assemblies to external vendors.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
- A minimum of 5 years of electromechanical / industrial system design experience
- Experience integrating industrial articulated and SCARA robots; Staubli experience is a plus
- Experience with industrial PLCs; Beckhoff experience is a plus
- Experience with ISO10218-1 and ISO10218-2
- Hands on experience with electro-mechanical troubleshooting
- Demonstrated experience working with external suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Experience creating and maintaining detailed BOM documents plus part and assembly drawings under a standard numbering system
- Proficient in SolidWorks 2012 or later
- Has shipped systems or products in an ISO13485, ISO9001, or other QMS environment
- Familiar with ANSI Y14.5-2009 and proficient in the use of GD&T as it applies to machined parts and assemblies
- Experience with P&ID and electrical schematics
- Experience with Linux and Python is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.