South San Francisco, CA
Senior Bioinformatics ScientistApply now
What you'll do
- Lead major bioinformatics initiatives to expand the capabilities of Counsyl’s core products
- Author innovative approaches and novel methods to detect clinically actionable genetic information
- Responsible for Counsyl’s analytical NGS pipeline from raw sequencing data to patient genotypes
- Prove through rigorous analysis the validity and performance of our analytical pipeline
- Develop characterizations of test performance and quality control metrics to ensure high sensitivity and specificity
- Work in collaboration with assay development scientists to develop innovative protocols
- Work with multidisciplinary R&D and product teams to bring new products to market
- Present research findings and advocate for Counsyl’s technological strengths through internal and external publications and conferences
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related discipline
- 5+ years experience from relevant postdoc and/or industry
- Proven track record of developing robust and innovative solutions to complex problems through novel research, strong publication record, and achievements in industry
- Ability to apply and leverage advanced statistical methods, machine learning, data science to molecular biology
- Proficient in at least one major programming language and strength with scientific python libraries or statistical packages
- Strength and deep knowledge of modern NGS methods and bioinformatics pipeline tools
- Experience working in a regulated clinical environment (e.g. CAP/CLIA) is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a professional atmosphere where collaborative, interdisciplinary teams are central to project success
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.