South San Francisco, CA
Senior Business Intelligence AnalystApply now
What You'll Do
- Develop and lead business intelligence data strategy in collaboration with the Finance and Commercial team.
- Develop a deep understanding of all areas of the business that you support, and proactively define priorities, scope and approaches, driving data-driven innovation.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Create financial, commercial, and product self-serve reporting infrastructure for use across the company
- Add visibility to the work that the product, marketing, and sales teams do by using data to support their wins, find areas of improvement, and explore the endless possibilities of what we can build
- Build and maintain self service analytics capabilities to support performance measurement needs of staff and executive decision-makers using Looker and PostgreSQL
- Work with engineering to define, implement, document, validate, and monitor metrics
- Lead a cross-functional team standardizing data governance practices; manage project pipeline around data governance projects
- 5-7 years in a customer-focused quantitative role with an understanding of finance and product
- Expertise in relational databases and SQL query languages
- Skilled at processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze large amounts of data; experience with ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Proven ability to work across an organization to provide insight and drive data demand.
- Detail oriented, self starter
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Familiarity with Looker and PostgreSQL
- Experience supporting revenue and financial reporting
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.