South San Francisco, CA
Senior Commercial Technical Program ManagerApply now
What You'll Do
- Deliver outstanding results through constant cross-functional communication, conflict resolution and decision making
- Evaluate proposed new systems for implementation, application integration, workflow automation, and performance optimization.
- Work closely with software engineers and business partners to to bring products through the full software development lifecycle; on-spec and on-time
- Manage the Salesforce platform, including Sales and Service Cloud, needs from multiple stakeholders from different functions, ensuring coordination
- Manage and write requirements for Salesforce infrastructure projects
- Build and maintain analytics capabilities to support Commercial performance measurement needs using Looker and PostgreSQL
- Run process and meetings that accelerate, not hinder, team velocity
- Perform user acceptance testing on new and changed functionality, tracking enhancements and issues to improve various business processes
- Develop a deep understanding of the commercial areas of the business that you support, and provide data driven insights into those areas
- Be accountable for schedules and report progress regularly to all stakeholders while mitigating risks along the way
- Ensure the quality and completeness of product and project requirement documents
- Keep the focus on priorities while shielding the team from distractions and interferences
- Be an advocate, but not zealot, for agile development best practices across the organization
- 5+ years of relevant experience with BS or MS in a Molecular Biology, Genetics, Engineering, Information Management or Bioengineering discipline
- At least 2 years of CRM system administration experience with Salesforce
- Experience with relational databases and SQL query languages
- Prior success as a technical program manager with a focus on sales and commercial business functions.
- Familiarity with LIMS and laboratory workflows, preferably within a genomics setting
- Can effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all roles and levels of management
- Able to use clear, simple language to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Strong attention to detail, never leaving issues unresolved
- Well versed with agile or scrum concepts (sprints, backlog, burndown charts), with PMP and/or Certified Scrum Master certifications preferred
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.