South San Francisco, CA
Senior Corporate Counsel, ComplianceApply now
What You'll Do
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Counsyl’s Compliance Program by supporting colleagues and business partners in compliance-related matters, including:
- advising internal stakeholders of potential compliance risk areas and collaborating cross-functionally on compliance matters to ensure creation of and adherence with internal policies, as well as applicable laws, regulations , and standards such as anti-kickback, anti-corruption, data privacy, billing and reimbursement requirements, and environmental health and safety activities;
- designing, implementing and maintaining policies, processes, programs, and supporting infrastructure to ensure that Counsyl meets applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
- managing investigations, tracking and reporting trends and overseeingight of the compliance program communication channels;
- establishing auditing and monitoring protocols;
- managing and conducting regular enterprise and compliance risk assessment processes, including development of corrective action plans, oversight of resolution of issues, and provision of general and strategic guidance;
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating certain agreements customary to a fast-growing diagnostics company, such as phlebotomy, laboratory services agreements, or government contracts;
- managing promotional review of our products; and
- creation and delivery of reports to Executive Committee and Board on compliance-related issues and updates.
- Work closely with stakeholders to provide thoughtful, appropriate legal and business support cross-functionally.
- Continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of legal support for the entire organization, including assisting in developing and building legal department systems, processes, and tools.
- Coordinate and participate in internal trainings on Legal Department policies and procedures
- Contribute to a collegial atmosphere and help ensure a balanced workload and consistent approach among the members of the department.
- J.D. degree or equivalent; active law license;
- 5-9 years of combined experience in-house and/or with a national law firm
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing the diagnostics and healthcare industry
- Demonstrated experience managing, and overseeing corporate compliance programs within the healthcare industry
- Experience working in a fast-paced business environment with a strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to set appropriate priorities with internal clients while delivering results according to needed timeliness;
- A good sense of humor is a must
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.