South San Francisco, CA
Senior IT Program ManagerApply now
What you'll do:
- Manage the activities of concurrent TechOps, IT, and Security projects with many participants, stakeholders, and vendors. Work as a partner with the technical groups executing the project, resolving issues, coordinating communication, and managing risks/problems. Creates a structure/environment in which people can work together as an efficient team.
- Participate/lead the capturing of requirements and development of designs on projects that require business analysis expertise. Provide business analysis expertise on other projects as needed.
- Monitor and measure the efficiency and quality of project delivery of benefits, schedule and resource use. Report on project status to the IT Director and business stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a best practice project management process for the department improving planning, scheduling, deliverable formats, budgeting, and controlling of risks. Improve existing tools used to manage projects. Identify and advocate for tools to improve efficiency, quality, and success of projects. Create a Project Management Office capability including a project portfolio.
- Develop and maintain a best practices process for managing project QA testing and release of changes into a production environment.
- Create monthly reporting on TechOps, IT and Security service levels for business production operations. Define and develop appropriate metrics for use, quality, operations and success reporting.
- Work with TechOps, IT, and Security leadership to plan projects including investigating solutions, evaluating vendors, developing estimates, determining skills and resources, and developing schedules. Help ensure alignment of projects with business stakeholder goals.
- Work with IT Director to develop strategy and roadmap for technology, policy, processes, and resourcing. Participate in the development and management of the department budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support needs of the IT department
- BS or BA degree in engineering/science or a related field
- 10+ years of project management experience in technical infrastructure, system administration, system implementation and/or reporting systems. An understanding of technical infrastructure including high performance computing, networking, and storage systems is required.
- IT budgeting, and
- Experience with IT frameworks including ITIL and CoBit
- Experience in a diagnostic biotech, pharmaceutical or other healthcare environment where compliance with HIPAA, EU Privacy Shield, FDA, SOX, PCI or other standards is required.
- Experience with Agile project development and management
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence for managing and organizing projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated leadership experience
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.