South San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, BioinformaticsApply now
What you'll do
- Lead, design, and architect major bioinformatics initiatives to expand the capabilities of Counsyl’s bioinformatics ecosystem
- Author innovative, robust, and high quality software systems
- Responsible for Counsyl’s core NGS products analytical pipeline from raw sequencing data to patient genotypes
- Build frameworks and practices to enable continuous integration for science
- Industry thought leadership with contributions to open source bioinformatics tools
- Build frameworks and applications to support simultaneously running projects at scale
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related computational science
- 5+ years industry experience with demonstrated project leadership
- Proven track record of developing innovative and high performance bioinformatics algorithms and analysis pipelines
- Full-stack capability; proficient in scientific Python (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit learn, etc) and familiarity with C++ or Java
- Fluency with Linux, high-performance computing clusters, shell scripting, databases, and analysis pipelines. Bonus for background in cloud computing architecture
- Experience with (or eagerness to learn) modern NGS tools
- Previous experience in regulated clinical environment with rigorous design control and software validation a big plus
- Experience with large scale data science, statistical modeling, and machine learning a plus
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.