South San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Business Logic (Operations)Apply now
- A deep of love Python for its versatility, development speed, and tooling
- Web development depth specifically knowing when to request / response and when to async
- Embracing forward movement over perfection with agile iteration
- Write well-tested and well-understood code
- Enjoy retrospectives and making positive changes within the group and organizationAre flexible and adept at a variety of tools and languages
- Appreciate other human beings, warts and all, and appreciate being able to be one yourself
- Exposure to Computer Science and Engineering as a disciplineA BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of industry experience working with web application development, preferably Django
- 5+ years of industry experience in a high level language, preferably Python
- Relational database systems experience, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Mac OS, Linux, Git, and other command line toolsDemonstrated experience with module or subsystem development within a larger applicationExperience leading a small to medium team through the entire SDLC
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: data modeling, testing, and version control
What you'll do:
- Design, implement, and scale the core architecture of our product and integrations
- Provide technical leadership and drive best practices for development, code review, testing, and deployment that will ensure the shipment of quality code into production
- Develop new organization integrations from the ground up and maintain existing point to point integrations
- Work closely with cross functional managers and individual stakeholders to build a complete, creative solutions
- Level up other engineers, the team, and the rest of the organization with technical skills, open communication, and diving deep into our systems to be a subject matter expert.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.