South San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - GenomicsApply now
What You'll Do
- Develop web apps for lab directors, curators, and genetic counselors to work with our data in scalable and efficient ways.
- Design and implement genetic risk calculations as well as genetic reports that are clear and easy to understand.
- Develop ETL pipelines for tracking external datasets (allele frequencies, clinical data) and combining with our internal data and systems.
- Design and implement algorithms for classifying mutations and summarizing our sample data.
- Our tech stack: Python, Django, Postgres, Celery, Docker, Luigi, and Jupyter/matplotlib.
- Our backgrounds: web technologies, computational biology, computer science, genetics, math.
- Experience with Python/Django (or another similar framework)
- Work demonstrated by a GitHub account, personal web page, or prior experience.
- Relational database systems experience, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Unix, Git, and other command line tools
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.