South San Francisco, CA
Senior UX DesignerApply now
What You'll Do
- Understand the user: You will have an insatiable appetite for understanding your users and will be relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs, sweating the details and tying them back to the big picture. You will represent the user in every step, keeping them at the heart of what you're building, with the ability to ground your design decisions in this knowledge base.
- Lead and apply research: You will have the insight and experience to use heuristic data to identify various research methodologies tailored for each project, as well as the comfort to be both leading user research and translating findings for your projects.
- Champion design thinking: You will guide teams in design thinking, sharing the importance of that thinking, and you will drive change through user insight. You will contribute to Counsyl’s overall design vision and the evolution of our methodology and standards.
- Solve problems through design: You will be an active participant in all phases of the product development lifecycle. You will identify the right problems to solve, prioritizing ruthlessly to enable focus. You will recommend design solutions that are intuitive, scalable, and functional. You will validate your recommendations and continuously improve your designs based on customer feedback.
- Own your work: You will take full ownership of your work, serving as the design lead on large cross-functional teams. You will balance the design needs of a number of concurrent projects and will independently managing design deliverables and schedules across those goals.
- Partner with teammates: You will partner closely with product, engineering, and business stakeholders to develop elegant and practical solutions. Together, you will create products that users will love. You will encourage a culture of open and honest feedback, and will inspire teammates to do their best work.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of experience as a user experience (UX) designer, interaction designer, or similar role
- 3+ years of user research experience
- 5+ years experience as a lead designer for a project(s)
- Work samples
- Must have an online portfolio or PDF showcasing examples, case studies, and what you have worked on specifically
- Other requirements
- Experience in a collaborative environment of Product Managers, Software Developers, Project Managers, and fellow Designers
- Experience in responsive design
- Experience in prototyping
- Experience in mentoring junior designers and contractors
- Position located in South San Francisco, CA
- Up to 20% travel as directed by user research
- Bonus: Visual design skills
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.