South San Francisco, CA
Site Reliability EngineerApply now
What You'll Do
- Manage and improve the delivery of compute and storage services from design to deployment to operations by selecting and using appropriate technologies based on user needs and IT resources.
- Provide technical support to other engineering groups on systems architecture, performance, capacity planning, and monitoring.
- Provide DevOps for key Counsyl services.
- Be on call for critical outages in a scheduled rotation.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field that includes software creation, or practical equivalent experience; 10 years
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Strong communication skills
- A commitment to self-directed learning
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Experience with Puppet or equivalent technology
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Postgresql
- Experience with designing, analyzing and troubleshooting distributed systems
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.