South San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Automation & RoboticsApply now
What you'll do:
- Develop our Python stack that directly runs the robotic devices in our state of the art automated genomics lab.
- Integrate in-house systems such as lab process scheduling, LIMS, HPC, and data review UI.
- Resolve production lab issues and engineer long-term solutions through root cause analysis and data analytics.
- Provide technical leadership and drive best practices for development, code review, testing, and deployment that will ensure the shipment of quality code into production.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 years of industry experience working with web application development, preferably Django
- 5 Years of industry experience in a high level language, preferably Python
- Experience with a modern JS framework such as React or AngularJS and frontend asset build pipeline a plus.
- Relational database systems experience, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Unix and other command line tools
- Demonstrated experience with development processes and tools
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management, automated testing and deployment, plus virtualization technologies would be a major asset
- Prior experience working in a regulated environment with design control would be an asset
- Biotech, pharmaceutical, lab automation, LIMS, or clinical-laboratory experience would be an asset.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Bonus for previous experience integrating JIRA into an automated anomaly/error tracking system.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.