As a Strategic Account Executive, you’ll be in the field representing Counsyl and working with laboratories and health systems to integrate the most technologically advanced diagnostic test into their workflow. You’ll be the mini-CEO of your territory, responsible for your territory’s P&L and expanding your base book of business. This territory currently covers Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Kansas.
What you'll do
- Work Cross-Departmentally within a hospital/health system to gain recommendation for systematic utilization of all of Counsyl’s products. This includes, but is not limited to, KOL GC’s, MFM/OB/IVF leads, Laboratory and C-Suite
- Develop opportunities for send out relationships in areas where insurance coverage, phlebotomy, integration, and/or channel partnerships limit our ability to gain business directly
- Coordinate plans across C-Suite, individual practice doctors and KOL’s within large physician networks to earn review and standardization on Counsyl Products
- Drive business development opportunities with health systems, large physician groups and regional reference laboratories
- 5+ years sales experience in capital equipment, diagnostics or medical device
- A Bachelor's degree in business or a related field preferred
- Demonstrable, quantifiable on-quota success in selling and closing large, complex deals
- Analytical: you obsess over pipelines, close rates, and deal velocity
- High clock speed: you have a strong ability to learn new technologies and clearly express that technical knowledge to potential clients
- Decisive closer: “I’ll think it over” doesn’t cut it for you
- Excellent speaker: you can articulate a pitch clearly and quickly
- Outstanding writer: you can distill your message into a few crisp, memorable phrases
- Technically savvy: you’re an expert with Google Apps, including Docs, Spreadsheets, and Presentations
- Experienced with salesforce.com or similar CRM automation
- Ability to travel 3-4 days per week in territory
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead. The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors. Counsyl has screened more than 600,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.