South San Francisco, CA
Technical Program Manager, Lab Automation & RoboticsApply now
What You'll Do
- Be the program manager for our custom-built, automation-centric LIMS (lab information management system) that powers our industry leading NGS (next-generation sequencing) clinical lab; Watch the video (https://goo.gl/YRG1eH)
- Partner effectively with the R&D, Engineering, and Clinical Laboratory teams in translating end user requirements and system domain expertise into detailed technical product requirements for engineering
- Create and maintain the Automation Engineering team’s project roadmap and milestones and ensure that we are working on high impact projects that align with the company mission and goals.
- Deliver outstanding results through constant cross-functional communication, conflict resolution and decision making
- Work closely with software engineers and business partners to to bring products through the full agile software development lifecycle; on-spec and on-time
- Ensure the quality and completeness of product and project requirement documents
- Run process and meetings that accelerate, not hinder, team velocity
- Be accountable for schedules and report progress regularly to all stakeholders while mitigating risks along the way
- Keep the focus on priorities while shielding the team from distractions and interferences
- Recommend system improvements by analyzing current practices and processes
- Provide first level diagnostic of incidents and support of automation business users
- Utilize your analytical strength to define, develop and own product success metrics
- 4+ years of relevant experience with BS or MS in an engineering, bioengineering or information management discipline. Fluency with Jira, Confluence, Google Docs (project planning), Github, SmartSheets (gantt charts)
- Experience working with LIS or LIMS systems in a CLIA governed space. Prior success as a technical program manager in a software team, ideally with SaaS products in an entrepreneurial environment; familiarity with healthcare or genomics a plus
- Well versed with agile or scrum concepts (sprints, backlog, burndown charts), with PMP and/or Certified Scrum Master certifications preferred
- Experience with business analytics tool Looker and data analytics tool DataDog preferred
- Programming experience and/or training in statistics is a plus
- Experience working in a regulated industry
- Can effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all roles and levels of management
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.