South San Francisco, CA
Technical Program Manager (Reporting & Curation)Apply now
What you'll do:
- Be the program manager for our custom-built, automation-centric Reporting and Curation systems that supports our world class genetic testing products
- Partner effectively with the Medical directors, Product directors, Curation, R&D and Engineering teams in translating end user requirements and system domain expertise into detailed technical product requirements
- Create and maintain the Reporting & Curation Engineering team’s project roadmap and milestones and ensure that we are working on high impact projects that align with the company mission and goals.
- Deliver outstanding results through constant cross-functional communication, conflict resolution and decision making
- Work closely with software engineers and business partners to to bring products through the full agile software development lifecycle; on-spec and on-timeEnsure the quality and completeness of product and project requirement documents
- Run process and meetings that accelerate, not hinder, team velocityBe accountable for schedules and report progress regularly to all stakeholders while mitigating risks along the wayKeep the focus on priorities while shielding the team from distractions and interferences
- Recommend system improvements by analyzing current practices and processesProvide first level diagnostic of incidents and support of LIMS business usersUtilize your analytical strength to define, develop and own product success metrics
- 3+ years of relevant experience with BS or MS in an engineering, bioengineering or information management discipline. Fluency with Jira, Confluence, Google Docs (project planning), Github and SmartSheets (gantt charts)
- Experience working in a regulated industryPrior success as a technical program manager in a software team, ideally with SaaS products in an entrepreneurial environment; familiarity with healthcare or genomics a plus
- Can effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all roles and levels of managementAble to use clear, simple language to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Strong attention to detail, never leaving issues unresolvedWell versed with agile or scrum concepts (sprints, backlog, burndown charts), with PMP and/or Certified Scrum Master certifications preferredStrong problem solving and customer service skills
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.