Over the last few years, Counsyl has grown from a dorm room startup to become one of the largest clinical genome centers in the world, processing over 600,000 patient samples to date. We currently seek to hire a part-time, weekend, Sr. Clinical Laboratory Scientist to assist the Technical Supervisor in method verification studies and validation of Laboratory Developed Tests for our highly-automated laboratory. You will Interact and communicate with laboratory staff to ensure efficient work flow within our state-of-the-art laboratory.
We are looking for a candidate who can work Saturday AND/OR Sunday from 7am-5:30pm. Please mention in your cover letter if you can work one, or both of these shifts.
What you'll do
- Perform high complexity testing under the minimal supervision of a general supervisorInteract and communicate with laboratory staff to ensure efficient work flow
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies and document all quality control activities
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s acceptable levels of performance
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, or director
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Assist the Technical Supervisor in method verification studies and validation of Laboratory Developed Tests
- Participate in the continuous quality improvement process
- A BS/BA degree in Medical Technology or Biological Sciences from an accredited college or university
- A current California state Clinical Laboratory Scientist license to perform laboratory testing REQUIRED
- At least six years of clinical laboratory experience as a licensed personnel REQUIRED
- Experience in a molecular lab preferred
- CGMBS preferred
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead. The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors. Counsyl has screened more than 600,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.