What is Counsyl?
Counsyl is a DNA testing and genetic counseling service. We're committed to helping you understand your DNA and how it can inform important health decisions. Whether it’s starting a family or evaluating risk for cancer, Counsyl's DNA tests provide you with early awareness about genetic conditions, so you can live informed and prepare for the future.
Every Counsyl test starts with a conversation with your healthcare provider and includes a consultation with a board-certified genetic counselor. Our automated clinical lab enables results delivery at industry-leading speeds and improved cost efficiency. Counsyl has screened more than 550,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals.
- Founded: 2007
- Product launch: 2009
- Funding: $102M from Founders Fund, Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond and private investors.
- Executives: Ramji Srinivasan, Co-founder & CEO; Rishi Kacker, Co-founder & VP of Engineering; Dr. Eric Evans, Co-founder & Chief Science Officer; John Tan, SVP of Operations; Ted Snelgrove, Chief Business Officer; Thomas Schoenherr, Chief Commercial Officer; Marilee Moy, VP of People; Alissa Reiter, VP of Corporate Communications
- Board of Directors: Ramji Srinivasan; Rishi Kacker; Eric Evans; John Deloche; Leo Joseph; Matthew Fust; Scott Hayworth, MD; Jack Goldstein, PhD
- >550,000 patients screened
- 40+ board-certified genetic counselors
- Working with more than 8,000 medical professionals and a network of insurance providers
- CLF 00338555
- New York
- PFI 8535
- Rhode Island