What is Counsyl?
Counsyl is a DNA testing and genetic counseling service. We're committed to helping you understand your DNA and how it can inform important health decisions. Whether it’s starting a family or evaluating risk for cancer, Counsyl's DNA tests provide you with early awareness about genetic conditions, so you can live informed and prepare for the future.
Every Counsyl test starts with a conversation with your healthcare provider and includes a consultation with a board-certified genetic counselor. Our automated clinical lab enables results delivery at industry-leading speeds and improved cost efficiency.
- Founded: 2007
- Product launch: 2009
- Funding: $173.4M from Founders Fund, Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, Perceptive Advisors and private investors.
- Executives: Ramji Srinivasan, Co-founder & CEO; Dr. Eric Evans, Co-founder & Chief Science Officer; Rishi Kacker, Co-founder & VP of Products; Dr. James Goldberg, Chief Medical Officer; Joel Jung, Chief Financial Officer; John Tan, SVP of Operations; Peter Soparkar, General Counsel
- Board of Directors: Ramji Srinivasan; Rishi Kacker; Eric Evans; Ann Rhoads; Lily Sarafan; Pamela Sedmak
- 50+ board-certified genetic counselors
- Working with more than 17,000 medical professionals and a network of insurance providers
- CLF 00338555
- New York
- PFI 8535
- Rhode Island